- Sónar 2011 | 19.12.2011 | 2manydjs and Fangoria top the bill for an especially festive musical edition at the next edition of The Brandery
- Sónar 2011 | 06.12.2011 | Sónar São Paulo 2012: Sónar's Latin American expansion
- Sónar 2011 | 06.12.2011 | SonarSound Tokyo 2012: the Japanese version of Sónar
- Sónar 2011 | 11.11.2011 | SonarPro at FICOD 2011
- Sónar 2011 | 05.09.2011 | Sonar São Paulo will finally be held the 11 and 12 May 2012
- Sónar 2011 | 06.07.2011 | Hercules & Love Affair, Azari & III, Nouvelle Vague, Carlos Jean, Ladytron and Delorean are The Brandery -Brandtown- concerts in the new area open to the public
- Sónar 2011 | 29.06.2011 | Sónar heads up to Barcelona's Montjuïc Castle
- Sónar 2011 | 23.06.2011 | Sold out! The 500 special price 3-day passes for Sonar 2012 at 2005 price
- Sónar 2011 | 15.06.2011 | Sonar and RBMA join forces with Boiler Room for the online videocast of SonarDôme stage
- Sónar 2011 | 14.06.2011 | Sonar on the air and on the net
- previous 1 .. 2 .. 3 .. 4 .. 5 .. 6 next
The cutting edge music programmed at Montjuïc de Nit on Saturday July 2, can be enjoyed on the Sónar stage, which has a new location this year.
The moat at Montjuïc Castle will host, for free admission between 0:30am and 4:00 a.m, the new audiovisual show by DJ2D2, the energetic hip-hop of Matador Rockers, dance-based electronica with visuals from C156 and a set by Barcelona's new up and coming dance music star John Talabot.
Click here to download the line-up and map.
SÓNAR STAGE PROGRAM
Saturday 2nd July from 00.30 am. to 04.00 am.
JOHN TALABOT (Hivern/Permanent Vacation)
The great hope for Spanish electronica
John Talabot became one of the great new promises of Barcelona, he leapt from self-imposed anonymity to being on the lips of Ewan Pearson and having some of his tracks selected by the prestigious Pitchfork magazine. This is all thanks to his expansive iconoclastic house tracks in which Moodymann, J Dilla, Chicago house, disco music and northern soul are intertwined, and bring to life songs that are organic, human, full of life, and that make your feet and your heart dance. He promises to continue where he left off in 2011, with numerous remixes and his eagerly anticipated debut LP on the horizon.
MATADOR ROCKERS (Del Palo)
Hip-hop with no hang-ups
Hard but positive hip-hop, with a dynamic, direct and entertaining live show, able to move the feet and tickle the humour of the most serious dancefloor denizen. Adopted by the legendary Griffi, this freewheeling advanced hip-hop outfit shows that Catalonia still has a lot to say in terms of urban rhythms. Their ingenious rhymes are superimposed onto razor-sharp beats that have already been heard on the explosive "Date Cuenta" by Chacho Brodas, and they are now preparing their official debut, also on Del Palo.
Laptops, percussion and violin
With a long history behind them in dubstep, jungle, house and hip-hop, Cauto, The Gardner, Dr Res and Drome defy the boundaries of genre using sixteen hands and four brains. An outpouring of imagination, references and grooves that endangers subwoofers and skeletons in equal measures. Live, they are frenetic: four laptops, a percussion and a violin. Crazy.
DJ2D2 AV SET
David Pérez is as capable of turning a dancefloor upside down with an explosive mixture of styles as he is of presenting a special podcast designed for a 6-month old baby to listen to it. A music lover through and through, although specializing in street music and any possible manifestation of bass, his name is always a guarantee of quality, whatever the genre he is working on. After more than thirteen years spinning in the best clubs and festivals of Spain and worldwide (from London to New York, Tokyo, Sao Paulo, and El Cairo , to name a few), DJ2D2 has begun to show his brand new show, which combines audio and video and in which clips from videos, films, series and images created especially for the occasion will captivate the senses of the audience.