- Sónar 2011 | 19.12.2011 | 2manydjs and Fangoria top the bill for an especially festive musical edition at the next edition of The Brandery
- Sónar 2011 | 06.12.2011 | Sónar São Paulo 2012: Sónar's Latin American expansion
- Sónar 2011 | 06.12.2011 | SonarSound Tokyo 2012: the Japanese version of Sónar
- Sónar 2011 | 11.11.2011 | SonarPro at FICOD 2011
- Sónar 2011 | 05.09.2011 | Sonar São Paulo will finally be held the 11 and 12 May 2012
- Sónar 2011 | 06.07.2011 | Hercules & Love Affair, Azari & III, Nouvelle Vague, Carlos Jean, Ladytron and Delorean are The Brandery -Brandtown- concerts in the new area open to the public
- Sónar 2011 | 29.06.2011 | Sónar heads up to Barcelona's Montjuïc Castle
- Sónar 2011 | 23.06.2011 | Sold out! The 500 special price 3-day passes for Sonar 2012 at 2005 price
- Sónar 2011 | 15.06.2011 | Sonar and RBMA join forces with Boiler Room for the online videocast of SonarDôme stage
- Sónar 2011 | 14.06.2011 | Sonar on the air and on the net
- previous 1 .. 2 .. 3 .. 4 .. 5 .. 6 next
Sónar São Paulo 2012 will take place on 11 and 12 of May, 2012 in the Parque Anhembi. The festival brings the philosophy of the Barcelona event to São Paulo. Sónar São Paulo 2012 combines showcases for new talent an experimentation with great shows and the audiovisual productions by key names on the international electronic scene. Over 2 days, Sónar São Paulo 2012 will present more than 50 activities featuring advanced music and new media art, including concerts, DJ sets, audiovisual performances and professional activities.
Sónar São Paulo 2012 features the Icelandic artist Björk, returning to Brazil to perform at Sónar, five years after her last show there. Björk will be presenting the live version of “Biophilia”, one of her most ambitious projects to date, taking the aesthetic vision and interest in technology of the most namedropped and influential artist of the last two decades to its ultimate extreme. The festival also confirms the show by the French electro-rock duo Justice; the German-Japanese audiovisual collaboration between Alva Noto & Ryuichi Sakamoto; the biggest name in post-dubstep, Britain's James Blake; the sophisticated and eclectic British electronic artist Four Tet; the German techno-glitch-hop duo Modeselektor and the Swedish trip-hop quartet Little Dragon.
As well as a top level international line-up, Sónar São Paulo 2012 also presents a cross-section of advanced music from Brazil, featuring rap, dance music, experimental music with anthropological touches and in the case of DJs, the latest trends in global electronica. Confirmed artists include the rapper Emicida, the man responsible for the revitalization of hip-hop in Brazil, and an artist with a unique talent for improvization; The Twelves, the Niterói duo renowned worldwide for their remixes in the international indie-dance field; Psilosamples, who combine Brazilian mining tradition with electronics; Dago, the global electronica DJ and Bruno Belluomini, the ambassador for bass music in Brazil, among others still to be confirmed.
SonarPro São Paulo: professional experience, open to the public
SonarPro is the platform that the Sónar Sao Paulo festival provides for creative and cultural industries from all over the world to present in Brasil new businesses, projects and products within the binomial of technology and creation.
SonarPro will include various spaces for interaction and networking open to professionals and the public for sharing ideas, presenting products and making contacts with companies and entrepreneurs working in areas specialising in technology applied to art, and the distribution and dissemination of art. SonarPro will also be presenting ideas from unorthodox artists that are seeking a commercial outlet through business projects.
Tickets for Sónar São Paulo 2012 go on sale the 8th of December.
More information about Sónar São Paulo at www.sonarsaopaulo.com.br.